Catalog of anodizing products
Sealing for Hard Anodizing
GlideCoat® is a sealing process of new generation that allows to get anodic layers with low coefficients of friction.
It has its origin in the so-called “LOTUS EFFECT” from the lotus flower, which is able to keep its leaves clean thanks to its hydrophobic properties, i.e., they have a certain impermeability. This is why water droplets run off of the leaf surface as if they were mercury drops, sweeping away dust and dirt.
Features of GlideCoat®
- Low friction coefficient: friction coefficients less than 0,08-0,13 according to ASTM D 1894 standard.
- Increase of abrasion resistance (ASTM D 4060 / ISO 7784/2).
- Compliance with the standard MIL-A-63576 type I.
- Anodic layers repellent to water and dirt.
- Good sealing quality: ISO 2413 / ASTM B680, ISO 2413.
- Excellent resistance to chemical agents and corrosion.